Sunday, February 20, 2011

Wether the Weather

Having experienced everything from rain to snow to haze to fog in the past few week's time, I can say that the effect has been as if to be swimming underwater.  Given all the moisture in the air and on the ground, I suppose that could be literally true. To "get anywhere" takes longer both in regard to mental and physical movement.  Then there are all the gradations of cold; cold and dry, frigid and damp, cold and wet, cold and windy, as examples.  In my mind I think "enough already!".  After looking around and seeing no change from what it is now to becoming a suddenly warmer climate, I try acceptance of what it is now instead. 

I learned not to "struggle against" a long time ago.  It sets up a dynamic where I feel the universe is pushing back.  When the awareness of a struggle comes, I try to turn myself loose of any expectations.  Specifying the expectations I have for a particular episode of life that currently enraptures my attention.  This interior work allows me to inhabit the outer world with more equanimity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment